Not long time ago, the family gathered around a table at least once a day to eat together. But times have changed, society has changed and our approach on food has changed and not necessarily for the better!
If you think all the prepared food that we find at the supermarket or even delicatessens and gourmet food stores is more practical not only in terms of money, but also in time saving- you ignore a very important cost in terms of health and undermine the efforts made to live a healthy life. Certainly, you can also buy ready “Dietary and healthy dishes” but they will never be as healthy as the food prepared at home.
The ready and packaged food contains artificial colors, preservatives, flavorings, unnecessary sugars and other additives and most of the time it is prepared under objectionable cooking techniques: all that the vendors of such products want is to make the food “fast and irresistible” -so you can buy more!
The healthy alternative would be that you plan in advance the meals, buy the ingredients and dedicate a couple of hours for cooking, on weekends, for example. Prepare portions for the entire week and store them in the refrigerator or in the freezer so that it is ready when you return home.
Time and money can be valuable assets, but nothing is more important than your health. Eating out or buying prepared foods may only seem like the best decision for not having to think of everything, rather than having to plan a healthy meal? Wrong!
The food industry and catering agencies are known to work against any health objectives or weight-loss. They only follow their own interests which, unfortunately, do not coincide with those of consumers!
Here’s how: you know that generally people eat all that they have on the plate (regardless of the plate’s size), and as a result the restaurants serve huge portions, loaded with salt and trans fats to improve the taste. The additives make you thirsty (so you order a drink) or make you crave something sweet (why not order dessert?). There is a logic behind it: the business!
Of course you should avoid the extremes- there is nothing wrong in having a nice dinner at the restaurant from time to time but your daily habits should always have your best interests at heart.
The best way to eat healthily, feel better, and save more than 200$ a month is to take your home-cooked meals to work with you. And in order to keep your food safe, warm/or cold- as the situation requires here are some of the best Best Thermos Food Jar models you can find these days!
Benefits of Hot Food Thermoses
A food thermos is an extremely useful storage unit to carry around while traveling or going somewhere outside the house. You can store something in the food thermos to eat later in the morning or even have it for lunch and carry it with you. That means you can carry your own lunch to work or pack your child’s lunch or other school snacks.
That is not the only benefit; hot food thermoses have a lot to offer. They provide top-notch temperature retention through their high-quality vacuum insulation design that allows your food to stay fresh all day long.
Another benefit of having a hot food thermos is its wide mouth opening design. So, you eat from it directly without an extra plate or dish that will require you to pack and clean up later.
Not to mention, hot food thermoses come in various shapes, sizes, and styles, ensuring you can find what suits you best regardless of your needs. Whether it’s for your own use or general family, you can still get what you’re looking for.
Therefore, a hot food thermos is a wonderfully convenient product with incredible benefits and advantages. It is 100% enjoyable for you or your family as you can eat delicious, tasty, and fresh meals all day long.
What to check when buying a Hot Food Thermos
When selecting a hot food thermos, it is essential to check the capacity depending on the amount of food you want to put into it. Food thermos sizes range from 300ml to 700ml. If it’s for packing lunch for your little one, 300ml would be perfect for small meals. For larger quantities, you might want to consider a bigger size.
The material is a must check as food thermoses are made out of different materials. Some are of high quality and expensive, while others are relatively poor but cheap. For instance, those made of plastic are cheap but don’t retain heat well. On the other hand, metal thermoses (stainless steel) have great quality and are highly recommended as they are good at retaining heat.
You may also want to look at the flask’s lid because some may be used as a serving bowl. Besides, you might find one with a foldable spoon.
Another important factor to consider when buying a food thermos is heat retention. The amount of time taken by a flask to keep meals hot varies from 4-5 hours. Or even as long as 12-15 hours. So, it all depends on how long you want to keep your meal warm.
Warranty must be checked because some thermal food flasks have longer warranties than others hence serving you for years, while others don’t have a warranty. If a flask is expensive, it is important to ensure you are covered in case of any problem.
Best Hot Food Thermoses
Thermos Stainless King 16 Ounce Food Jar with Folding Spoon, Midnight Blue
This food jar is a great deal as it saves you the money you could have spent buying lunch at work every day. Its design is incredibly smart and gives an extra touch and a more eating experience. The product can keep your food hours as it retains heat well.
- It has a capacity of 16 ounce
- It has a fully integrated stainless steel spoon and a lid that serves as a bowl
- Its mouth is wide, making it easy to eat from and clean
- Its interior and exterior stainless steel is 100% durable
- It has a leak-proof lid
- The price of this product is affordable
- Since it has a capacity of 16 ounces, it can fit large quantities of meals
- Its wide mouth allows you to eat from and clean easily
- It comes with a serving bowl (the lid) and a full-size stainless steel spoon
- Its heat retention is outstanding as it can keep meals hot for longer hours
- It is prone to fingerprints and smudging
- Not safe for microwave
- STAYS HOT OR COLD: THERMOS vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention of...
- EXTREMELY DURABLE: High quality 18/8 stainless steel construction is dependable any time of the...
Thermos Funtainer 10 Ounce Food Jar, Blue
It is a well-built food jar that can keep hot food for 5 hours without losing heat. The product’s vacuum walls are stainless, making it durable. Its capacity is a great size for small meals, especially school lunch for your kid.
- It has a wide mouth that is easy to fill, eat from, and clean
- The product cannot leak when closed
- It has a durable interior and exterior stainless steel
- It’s a 10-ounce capacity food jar
- Keeps food hot for long hours due to its high-quality vacuum double walls
- Its capacity (10 ounces) is a perfect size for school packed lunch
- Easy to clean and eat from due to its wide mouth
- Its size is very small for adults. Only best for kids
- The plastic ring may come off easily
- THERMOS vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
Food Jar Insulated Lunch Containers 16 Oz Stainless Steel Thermos
This product is ideal for people who are mostly on the go because it is portable. Apart from its great capacity, it can keep foods hot for up to 12 hours. Also, its smooth surface makes it easy to clean with warm soapy water.
- It has a button exhaust valve that makes it easy to open
- It comes with a capacity of 480ml (16 ounces) that allows customers to carry large quantities
- It has double-walled vacuum insulation that keeps food hot for 5 hour
- The vacuum insulation is covered with a cladding material to shield the metallic materials
- It’s a great food jar for travel as it is easy to carry using a work bag or backpack
- Stores hot food effectively for long hours inside its double-wall vacuum insulation technology
- Can be carried upside down and still not leak because its sealing is leak-proof
- Its wide-mouth design allows the user to have an easy time cleaning
- The bag’s side pockets are too shallow, making it hard to wash
Stanley Classic Legendary Vacuum Insulated Food Jar
This high-quality stainless steel jar is great storage for hot food and the perfect size for lunch. The product’s wide mouth makes it easy to eat from, and its bottom is not so deep to make it hard to clean.
- It comes with vacuum insulation that is doubled-wall
- It has an 18-ounce capacity, which is large enough for bigger meals
- Its mouth is wide, making it easy to transfer content as required
- It comes with a durable, insulated stainless steel lid
- It has a nice Spork and a bowl that doubles as a bowl.
- It has a great insulated lid that doubles as a bowl.
- The jar keeps food hot for as long as 12 hours
- Has a wide mouth that makes it easy to clean
- It comes with a full-size Spork
- To get the best results with this food jar, fill with hot water first
- It’s only a hand-washer thermos
- LEGENDARY STANLEY INSULATION: Each food jar with integrated steel spork has double-wall vacuum...
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: The Legendary Food Jar with Spork gently fits into your hand. Carry around...
Zojirushi Stainless Steel Food Jar
The beautiful pink stainless steel-food jar has a perfect size that allows you to carry an entire meal for your large family. Its stainless steel material makes it extremely durable and can keep food warm for long hours due to its vacuum insulated walls.
- It has a storage capacity of 24 ounce
- Its vacuum is designed with stainless steel to keep food hot for long hours
- It has a wide opening that makes it easy to fill, eat from, and clean
- Its lid is fitted well to prevent spilling and leakage
- Its compact design and look is attractive
- No leakage with a tight-fitting lid
- Offers hygienic protection due to its stainless steel
Water may get into the rubber bottom, and it’s difficult to remove
- Vacuum insulated stainless steel food jar keeps foods hot or cold for hours
- Durable and sanitary 18/8 stainless steel construction
THERMOS FOOGO Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel
It has a seamless design that allows you to retain warm food for a longer time. The container has a scratch-resistant and anti-skid base suitable for kids. You can easily clean it using a dishwasher top-rack.
- It has vacuum insulation that maintains the warmth of content longer
- It is a 10-ounce capacity jar, suitable for toddlers on the go
- It is designed with a wide opening making it easy to wash
- It has a durable stainless steel both interior and exterior
- Its construction is extremely durable
- The material is resistant to scratches and is BPA-free
- Perfect size to meet the needs of any kid
There is a common issue with the lid (can get stuck)
- TherMax double-wall vacuum-insulated for maximum temperature retention
- Keeps food cold for 7 hours and hot for 5 hours
Soup Thermos Food Jar Insulated Lunch Container Bento Box for Cold Hot Food
This insulated food jar is best for travel/school/outdoor/office activities. It is easy to use and convenient to carry around. If you don’t like plastic touching your hot food, you should get one as even the lid is made of sturdy stainless steel.
- Its design is leak-proof due to its inner stainless steel lid with a silicone sealing ring
- It has a big capacity of 27 ounces to satisfy the hungry
- It comes with a sturdy, foldable spoon that you can use to eat from its wide mouth
- It has durable vacuum insulation that can keep food hot for more than 6 hour
- It is built of a flexible handle for the user to carry
- The flask is unique and food safe
- Its design is outstanding and very portable
- Good quality and very easy to clean
- The handle on the cap is fragile and may not hold up long
- Vacuum Insulated & Seamless Welding Technology: Double wall vacuum insulation technology and...
- Portable & Convenient Food Jar: The outer lid with a telescopic handle is very convenient for...
2 Pack Vacuum Insulated Food Jar Hot Food Containers
The food jar is great for all sorts of activities from travel, school, and work to fitness. It is simple, durable, safe, stylish, and convenient to carry due to its silicone loop. You’ll undoubtedly cherish the comfort and functionality of this food jar as it ensures you’re healthy.
- It is designed with high-grade stainless steel that barely rust and stores hot foods effectively
- It comes with a foldable spoon for you to eat while on the go
- The packaging includes two insulated food containers with a capacity of 17 ounces and 24 ounces.
- It has a stainless steel material to ensure healthy food storage
- Its high quality is worth the money
- Keep food warm much longer than others
- It is easy to carry and clean
- The cap produces a squeaky sound when opening
- [2 THERMOS FOOD JAR SET] Box includes 2 insulated food jar(17oz, 24oz), 1 foldable soup spoon,...
- [LEAK-PROOF ] Confidently pack our sweat-proof and leak-proof food jars in your lunch bag. No...
Eating healthy is a real challenge nowadays! But with a little bit of will power and the right tools the advantages on the long term are immeasurable.
Somehow the consumer society, in which we live, made us ignore traditional values that kept our parents fit, healthy and energetic. These days obesity and diabetes reach alarming odds and start at very early ages. It is very important that we become active in giving our children positive examples and teach them to consider health the most valuable resource.