A thermos mug is a must-have item for tea and coffee lovers. Besides adding extra styling points it brings practical and important advantages, summarized below:
- It helps the user hydrate more which is essential for a healthy lifestyle. Most thermos mugs have a capacity starting with 500ml. If you finish one cup you have already drunk a lot of the water that it is advisable to drink every day.
- It saves up important time. Since we are on the run most of our time, a thermos cup can help us enjoy our favorite beverages to go. Better coffee, less expensive, more ecological, etc!
- The perfect gift for fishing, hiking, and outdoor activities lovers. There is nothing tastier than enjoying your favorite drink with a view. For a picnic, camping, or hiking for a few hours, everyone should bring an insulated container. It’s easy and convenient!
- It saves money. If your life requires a commute or being on the road for several hours, a thermos mug can make a difference. Every time you fuel, you may also buy a coffee, and most of the times, gas station coffee comes with a price tag. With your insulated mug, your favorite drink stays warm for a good part of the journey. You can enjoy it while driving and good news, you know what you drink.
Do you like your coffee and tea warm for the duration that you are drinking and for later if you are carrying it to work or on a trip? If the answer is yes, you need a thermos mug that keeps your beverage warm for a long time. It makes sure you never have to reheat your coffee or drink cold tea at work. Thermos mugs are made of double-walled vacuum seals that do not allow the heat to escape the mug. These have a sealed lid that makes sure no heat exits the mug or enters your mug to spoil your beverage’s desired temperature.
The added benefit that you can get with a thermos mug like this is a handle attached to it. A handle on a wide thermos mug makes it much more comfortable and ergonomic to hold and carry around while sipping your coffee or tea. Generally, thermos mugs are a lot wider than regular ceramic or glass mugs because of the double-walled seal and the sturdy exterior, usually made of steel. They can be quite hefty too. The handle also helps you to get a good hold of the mug and also reduces the strain on your fingers caused by holding a wide and heavy mug.
What to Check When Buying a Thermos Mug with Handle
• Isolating properties –
The insulating power of a large thermos is an essential feature. Cheap alternatives are usually just a thick plastic liner inside a metal sleeve which is not much good and does not retain heat for too long. Although this method is used for some time, its success is not almost as good as a double-wall vacuum thermos. Double-wall thermoses isolate drinks by avoiding heat or cold exhaust. The thermos has, as its name indicates, an inner and outer wall. A vacuum exists between the walls, which hardly gives a thermal bridge. The bottles should be made of high-quality metal, stainless steel.
• Size and Volume –
When it comes to deciding on your thermos’ size, make sure it has a good enough liquid capacity and holds your beverage’s right quantity. Fancy containers in new aesthetic styles are ubiquitous today. It is crucial that you select your thermal jar on the basis of your activity.
Pictures can be deceiving; a jar may look large or small in the image and turn out to be something else. Note the capacity of the mug before you purchase. Also, get a mug that fits your drinking habits. If you consume more beverages, getting a larger mug will definitely help.
• Durability of the handle –
The handle’s primary purpose is to allow you to carry the mug easily while walking around the house or office. The handle also helps you to get a good grip on the mug and not drop it. It ensures that your hand is not strained, so check if your handle is thick enough for you to grip it, especially if you have big hands. Also, make sure that the handle is sturdy and firmly attached to the mug and is not just an afterthought stuck onto the mug.
Best Thermos Mugs With Handle Models
1. THERMOS Stainless King Travel Mug, 16 Ounce, Cranberry
This Stainless King Travel Mug comes with traditional containers built-in, allowing heat to escape through convection. Thermos vacuum insulation retains maximum heat and creates an airless space between two walls, effectively eliminating convection and temperature change. Whatever the weather outside, your beverage will stay hot. The body of the mug is made of premium quality stainless steel. You can also enjoy your tea because it comes with a tea-hook that holds your tea bags securely.
- Vacuum insulation technology
- Excellent heat retention
- Keeps drinks hot for more than 5 hours
- It fits almost all car cupholders
- 16 ounces
- Stainless steel interior to keep the beverage hot
- Good construction and engineering of the item
- Lasts for years
- Retains cold for more than 12 hours
- Retains heat for 5 hours
- The sticker does not come off
- Liquid gets inside the plastic gasket
- The top does not always screw on to the mug
- STAYS HOT OR COLD: THERMOS vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention of...
- EXTREMELY DURABLE: High quality 18/8 stainless steel construction is dependable any time of...
2. Contigo SNAPSEAL Superior Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 20 oz., Vivacious
This travel mug is a great thermos mug as it works on ThermaLock stainless steel vacuum insulation technology. The lid is the best feature of this product because firstly, the lid is leakproof, and secondly, the lid has been specially engineered to go both left and right directions so that it is convenient for both; lefties and righties. The lid is also dishwasher safe, while the body is recommended to be hand washed. The body is stainless steel and very durable.
- Leakproof lid
- The lid goes left and right
- Dishwasher safe lid
- Works on vacuum insulation technology
- Fits car cupholders
- Stainless steel body
- Durable and robust
- Handy for everyday use
- Looks sturdy
- Keeps drinks hot for long periods
- Good grip
- Maximum temperature retention
- The mug leaks during travel
- The rubber ring comes off from the seal
- Very difficult to push the lever of the cap upwards
- The seal sometimes rusts
- Leak-proof lid (when closed) for on-the-go convenience
- Drinks stay hot up to 6 hours or cold up to 12 thanks to THERMALOCK stainless steel vacuum...
3. CIVAGO Stainless Steel Coffee Mug Cup with Handle
This Thermos coffee mug is of premium quality 18/8 stainless steel with double-wall vacuum insulation to preserve the beverages’ temperature for more extended periods. It has a thermal copper lining. It keeps drinks hot for above 3-5 hours and keeps them cold for 9-10 hours. The interior repels stains and smells so that the tea you drink today doesn’t taste like the lime soda you drank yesterday. The lid is BPA-free and has a drinking hole. The product is durable and very convenient. It is coated with matte powder to give that classic matte finish. It comes in many colors, including glitter and shimmer designs.
- 18/8 stainless steel body
- Works on double wall insulation technology
- BPA free lid
- The lid has a rubber gasket
- Keeps drinks hot for 3-5 hours
- Keeps drinks cold for 9-10 hours
- Classic matte finish
- Available in many colors
- Looks sleek and stylish
- Perfect for home offices
- The colors and textures are attractive and vibrant
- Very durable an item
- Drinks stay hot for 3-5 hours
- Drinks stay cold for 9-10 hours
- The drink sometimes dribbles out of the gap between the lid and the cup.
- There are no replacement seals available.
- 👍【𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗨𝗠 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗟...
- 👍【𝗜𝗡𝗦𝗨𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗖𝗢𝗙𝗙𝗘𝗘 𝗠𝗨𝗚...
4. YETI Rambler 14 oz Mug, Stainless Steel, Vacuum Insulated with Standard Lid
This mug is 18/8 premium quality stainless steel, durable, and long-lasting. This product is puncture-resistant and rust-free. The thick gauge steel makes this mug even more robust, and it is also dishwasher safe and has a no-sweat design. The double-wall insulation helps maintain the temperature for long periods. The construction of this mug is shatter-resistant, and the mug is BPA-free.
- 18/8 stainless steel
- Dishwasher safe
- No sweat design
- Excellent heat retention
- BPA free; an eco-friendly product
- Dishwasher safe
- It also fits in car cup holders
- Easy to clean
- Well insulated
- The paint chips
- The mug is prone to scratches
- 18/8 stainless steel made with kitchen-grade stainless steel, so they’re puncture- and...
- Dishwasher safe because no one needs more work to do
5. Thermos, 22 Ounce Vacuum, Insulated Stainless Steel Mug, Stainless Steel
This coffee mug is an excellent buy because of its stainless-steel interior and exterior, the special sweatproof design, which does not allow sweating of the bottle when cold drinks are poured. It has a good handle which is very easy to grip. It is dishwasher safe, and the lid is a flip-up one that makes it very easy to use and clean. It is a vacuum insulated mug that keeps drinks hot for more than 4 hours and cools for about 10 hours. It is available in 2 sizes; 16 ounces and 22 ounces. It is also available in three colors- grey, black, and one black with the Star Wars logo and design.
- Made of high-quality stainless steel
- Special sweatproof design
- The lid is flip-up
- Convenient for daily use
- Vacuum insulated
- Leaves no smells or flavors
- Keeps drinks hot for more than 6 hours
- Keeps drinks cold for 10 hours
- 100% sealed and leak proof
- The lid is well sealed and leaks proof
- It fits in a K-cup brewer
- It fits in car cup holders
- Handy to use
- No unwanted smells or taste
- The gasket on top is not of very high quality
- The vent hole is too small
- Not very durable
- The air hole is small and gets clogged
- Flip-Up lid is easy to use and to clean
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior