In this article, we will check some of the best ceramic thermoses that you can buy to keep your drinks hot or cold. No matter if this is a ceramic mug or full thermos we are going to check it here.
Nobody likes their coffee or tea cold. Forgetting to drink them in between a meeting and reheating them is not a good feeling. You might have looked into thermos mugs and used them, but after a while, the drink in it starts to taste like steel or iron. It is where ceramic-coated mugs can save you from not drinking steel-flavored coffee.
These mugs have a ceramic coating on the inner wall of the thermos lining. It is usually backed by a steel wall that reduces heat leakage from the mug. Ceramic coating is beneficial as it is resistant to high temperatures and has very low heat conduction. It is effortless to clean as the surface is smoother than regular steel. Ceramic is also corrosion resistant and can be safer than low-quality steel in terms of impurities.
Ceramic vs Stainless Steel Mugs: Which is Best for You?
When it comes to choosing a mug, there are a few things to consider. One of the most important factors is the material it is made out of. Ceramic mugs are made from clay and porcelain, while stainless steel mugs are made from metal.
The two materials have their own benefits and drawbacks. For example, ceramic mugs can be more delicate and break easier than stainless steel mugs. However, they also hold heat better and are resistant to stains and grease. Stainless steel, on the other hand, is more durable but not as heat-resistant as ceramic.
Another consideration is how you plan on using your mug. Are you going to use it for hot drinks or cold drinks?
Things to look out for a while buying a ceramic coating mug
Quality – Ceramic exists in various forms, some of them are really good for hot beverages, and some can completely spoil your coffee or tea. Ensure that your buying mug has a high-grade ceramic coating that will not add a bad taste to your drink. Some low-quality ceramics can also add color to your drink that may taste like chemicals. They are also harmful to your health when chemicals bleed from ceramic coatings. It is better to ensure that your ceramic is of good quality than to harm your health.
Durability – Ensure that the ceramic coating on your brand-new thermos mug is thick enough so that it doesn’t scrape off while you are cleaning your mug. A thick ceramic coating should last three to four years without making the steel layer visible. The coating should also be a smooth ceramic so that it doesn’t stain; that would allow for easier cleaning and would make the coating longer lasting.
Effectiveness – Ceramic retains more heat compared to glass or steel, and due to its slow conductivity, it keeps your drink warmer for longer. Check the reviews of the product before buying to ensure that it is true to the product. Some ceramic-coated mugs do not retain heat because they are very thin or not good. It is better to buy a mug that comes with a lid that can seal the mug’s opening so that your drink can stay warm. It also helps in making the mug more portable compared to open-lid thermoses.
Best Ceramic Coating Thermoses
|Contigo TWISTSEAL Glaze Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Travel...||$22.99 $19.99||Buy on Amazon|
|BLUE ELE Leakproof, Vacuum Insulated Thermos Hot Lunch Containers...||$21.99 $18.69||Buy on Amazon|
|Kyocera 17oz. Ceramic Coated Interior, Double Wall Vacuum...||$29.95||Buy on Amazon|
Contigo TWISTSEAL Glaze Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Ceramic Coating
This Contigo vacuum insulated travel mug comes with traditional ceramic material in the vessel’s interior, which protects the flavor of the beverage. It has a leakproof CleanGuard lid that prevents spillage and is easy to clean. It works on ThermaLock vacuum insulation technology, which keeps your drinks hot or cold for more than 12 hours. The body is made of stainless steel, while the inner coating is ceramic.
- The exterior is high-quality stainless steel
- The interior has a ceramic coating
- Leakproof lid
- ThermaLock vacuum insulation
- It fits almost all cup holders
- The lid is dishwasher safe
- The mug is handwash only
- The CleanGuard lid safeguards the spurt from dirt and germs
- Maintains the temperature for long hours
- It leaves no weird flavors
- The lid has a twisting closure feature for a good seal
- Protective outer layer; will not break easily
- It comes in varieties of colors
- The lid is not durable; it cracks easily
- Few tea infusers do not fit
- The liquid dribbles out, allowing a drinking experience that is not relatively easy.
- Traditional ceramic material on the inside protects flavor
- Leak proof lid when closed for on the go convenience
Blue Ele Leakproof, Vacuum Insulated Thermos Hot Lunch Containers with Ceramic-Coated Stainless Steel
The Blue Ele Leakproof thermos lunch container is a perfect way to keep your lunch warm at the office or at school. This wide mouth thermos container is optimal for carrying food and soups; it uses double-wall insulation to keep the food warm. The ceramic coating on the inside ensures that your food tastes freshly cooked without any metallic taste. The ceramic coating makes it corrosion-free. It also has an included foldable spoon that can be used to enjoy your favorite food on the go. The easy-grip surface makes it simple for kids to twist the lid. The 316 outer stainless-steel makes are durable against drops, especially for kids who are prone to dropping their belongings.
- A wide mouth makes it easy to put in food and eat from
- Included spoon for eating on the go
- The exterior is made of metal
- The ceramic coating on the interior makes it rust-free
- The vacuum seal is double-walled
- Built-in spoon
- The ceramic coating on the inside
- Easy-grip to open the lid easily
- Steel exterior
- The size is small for adults
- The food remains warm only for a couple of hours.
- The included spoon is also small in size
- The metallic exterior is easy to scratches
- VACUUM INSULATED: Keep your food warm for <12 hours or chilled for <24 hours! The leakproof...
- 100% FOOD SAFE: This BPA-free hot lunch box is crafted with safety certificate approved,...
Ceramic Coated Interior, Double Wall Vacuum Insulated
This Kyocera mug is a travel accessory that keeps your drinks warm for 12 hours and keeps it cold for 24 hours. The travel flask is an aesthetically pleasing black mug with a ceramic interior that keeps your drinks from tasking like old rusty coins. The mug is compact and of the perfect size to fit most cup holders. The stainless-steel exterior makes it durable against drops. The lid has an ice retaining cover that prevents ice from getting into your mouth when you drink your chilled beverages. The lid’s flip mechanism makes it easy to drink from without having to open the lid by twisting it. The mug is rustproof and easy to clean, and the plastic parts are BPA-free.
- Acid-resistant interior ceramic coating
- BPA Free Plastics
- Good insulation keeps your drinks warmer for longer
- 100% Leakproof design
- Easy to clean with a wide mouth
- Easy to drink flip open lid design.
- Compact and aesthetic design
- Great design with a flip-open lid
- Ceramic coated interior shell
- Stainless steel exterior
- Good seal quality
- The ice retainer may let some liquid stay inside after drinking
- The spout is too close to the chin
- The exterior coating is not very durable against scratches
- The lid may lose its tightness over prolonged use.
- NEVER COMPROMISE FLAVOR: The ceramic interior will never impact the taste of your beverage and...
- VERSATILE ON-THE-GO MUG: The wide opening of the mug can be filled with ice cubes or snack food...
Best Ceramic Mug
In this section we are going to see the best ceramic mugs, you can use them while you are traveling or at your office. If you want ceramic to not have any metallic taste check the below selection:
Fellow Carter Everywhere Trevell Mug
This vacuum-insulated mug comes with a wide-mouth opening of 69mm diameter for the best aroma experience. This product is exceptionally made for avid coffee drinkers, with a thin lip for you to drink comfortably and enjoy your coffee. The mug’s inner coating is ceramic, and it prevents your coffee from any lingering flavors or smells. The ceramic coating ensures that your coffee tastes just like you intended it to. This mug works on the double-wall vacuum mechanism with a heat lock to keep your beverages at your desired temperature.
- 69mm diameter mouth
- Ceramic coating in the interior
- 304 18/8 Stainless steel in the exterior
- Keeps your drinks for 12 hours
- Keeps your drinks for 24 hours
- Looks sleek and stylish
- Available in attractive colors like matte black, matte grey, and matte white
- Retains heat for long durations
- Prevents against leakage
- Durable and sturdy
- Aesthetically pleasing
- The lid is plastic
- The wide mouth is inconvenient while traveling
- The interior is not shaped like a coffee mug
- The size is too big
- The white one gets scratches easily
- CARTER EVERYWHERE MUG - A travel mug finally worthy of the coffee inside! Designed to amplify...
- TRUE TASTE CERAMIC COATING - Your coffee should taste how you intended; unlike stainless steel,...
Asobu Ultimate Stainless Steel Ceramic Inner Coating Insulated Mug (Burgundy)
This Asobu Insulated coffee mug has a ceramic inner coating that ensures that your beverage has the purest taste possible. It comes with a round-ish handle that is easy to grip and convenient to use. It also has a sealed lid so that you can keep your beverage for later, and it will stay at the exact same temperature you left it at. It works on a double-wall vacuum mechanism with robust walls so that you don’t feel the heat of your drink when you hold the mug.
- It has a ceramic inner coating
- Double-wall insulation technology
- It comes with a sealed lid
- Durable and handy
- Round handle for a comfortable grip
- Retains heat for 12 hours and more
- No metallic taste in your drinks
- It does not have a weird metallic taste
- Easy to clean
- Phenomenal construction and engineering of the product
- Not completely spill-proof
- Too large for a cup holder
- Sliding open-top gets loose at times or even falls off
- Not microwavable
- The ceramic coating chips with frequent washing
- CERAMIC INNER COATING - Asobu is the only mug you will find that has a ceramic inner coating...
- ROUND HANDLE - Designed with everyone in mind the rounded handle gives an easy grip to the cup
Clean Hydration Co, Mug
Clean Hydration has a clean design and it comes in different colors, you can choose from blue, white, or black in the function of what you like. The interior is made of ceramic preventing the unwanted metal taste. This is a small mug that is mostly used for traveling or auto. The mug has 12 ounces and it’s not big at all.
Like the most, it’s double-wall vacuum insulated and it comes with a lid to keep drinks cold or hot for a longer time.
- Easy to clean
- Double-wall insulation technology
- It comes with a sealed lid
- 12 Ounces
- Stays Hot or Cold for Hours
- Easy to Clean in Interior
- To Small
- difficult to clean the edges
- Seamless ceramic interior to prevent the unwanted metal taste found in other mugs
- Silver ion infused powdercoat to keep your mug clean
Ember Temperature Control Smart Mug
If you want something smart that has ceramic and can help you keep your beverage at the temperature you want for hours then you should check Ember smart mug. Ember smart mug allows you to control it with your smartphone.
Ember’s latest product is a smart mug with temperature adjustment and a charging coaster. Also, the mug itself has a built-in 80 mins battery to use of the coaster. It has a sleek and stylish ceramic coating that is scratch-resistant. There is also a smart LED that indicates when your drink is ready. You can also choose your desired temperature between 120oF – 145oF and connect your smart mug with your phone to regulate temperature, receive notifications, etc.
- It has a long-lasting battery, 80 mins battery for the mug, and an additional charging coaster.
- You can connect the product to your device for regulating the temperature, customizing, checking notifications, etc.
- It comes with a smart Auto-Sleep feature that turns off the mug when empty and turns on when a liquid is poured.
- It is safe for handwashing.
- It has a smart LED light that blinks to indicate that your drink is ready.
- Well-constructed mug; durable and high quality.
- Outstanding ability to maintain the heat
- The LED light is a life-saver
- Looks sleek and stylish
- Too expensive
- Should have an extended battery life
- The product sometimes does not connect to the smartphone
- The ceramic coating peels off with regular use
- The app shows wrong notifications regarding the drink
- It would be better if it came with a lid
- LONGER LASTING BATTERY: Extended battery life on your temperature control mug keeps your drink...
- APP CONTROLLED: Ember smart mug allows you to control with your smartphone. Pair with the Ember...
Frequently Asked Questions
Is ceramic the best material for retaining heat for longer?
Yes, a ceramic travel mug is one of the best choices if you want to retain heat for a more extended period.
Is ceramic thermos dishwasher safe?
Yes, but you should wash your thermos manually to keep it for a longer time.
Is ceramic thermos microwave safe?
No, you should not place your thermos in a microwave, most of them have stainless steel in them.
Is a ceramic thermos cleaned easily?
Yes. A ceramic thermos can be cleaned easily and doesn’t also alter the taste.